LIBRARIANS PERSONALITY DEVELOPMENT
According to Glossary of Library and Information Science, "A librarian is a person who is in charge of or works professionally in a library and is responsible for its management and services. Librarian takes care of the library and its resources. Typical job of a librarian includes managing collection development and acquisitions, cataloging, collections management, circulation, and providing a range of services, such as reference, information, instruction, and training services, etc. ... ... ... Librarians are regular people who have interests in all sorts of different thing. Strong libraries build strong students and it is the librarian who actually manages the functions and services of the library. In an academic setup students performance improves significantly with high librarian collaboration. ... ... ... New age librarians are not mere bookworms, they are high-tech information professionals, and clever communicators, helping patrons dive in the oceans of information available in books and digital records." (Read full article: Librarian : Glossary of Library & Information Science)
Personality is the sum total of all physical, mental, and emotional attitudes, values, interests, and motivational factors. Personality is the core potential that determines one's success in life and career.
Personality development is defined as the relatively enduring pattern of thoughts, feelings, and behaviors that distinguish individuals from one another. The dominant view in the field of personality psychology today holds that personality emerges early and continues to change in meaningful ways throughout the lifespan.
Personal development covers activities that improve awareness and identity, develop talents and potential, build human capital and facilitate employability, enhance the quality of life and contribute to the realization of dreams and aspirations.
LIBRARIANS PERSONALITY DEVELOPMENT
Librarians are the face of the library, and it is important they possess an impressive and strong personality. Following broad areas are determined to work on to achieve a strong personality and for the overall personal development of library and information science professionals:
ABOUT PERSONALITY / PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT
Articles on general guidelines for personality and personal development. This section also includes articles not covered by other mentioned sections of Librarians Personality Development.
- Personality Development Tips for Librarians [In Process/Under Development]
EDUCATION / LEARNING / MIND POWER TECHNIQUES
- Education, Learning, Mind Power Tips [In Process/Under Development]
WILLPOWER / HABITS CONTROL / TIME MANAGEMENT
Blog articles on strengthening Willpower, Self Control, Habits Control, and Time Mangement.
- Willpower and Self Control for Librarians Personality Development [In Process/Under Development]
HEALTH / WORKOUT / YOGA
- Librarians Personality Development - Exercises and Workout [Librarians are the face of the library, and it is important they possess an impressive and strong personality. For Librarians Personality Development the primary and foremost thing is health. Nowadays in modern libraries, most of the works by the librarians are done on the computer and their sedentary lifestyle makes them unfit. After the age of 40 many library professionals develop symptoms of cervical and spondylitis, big tummy, put on weight, etc. due to their unhealthy lifestyle and lack of physical activity. Exercises for librarians and computer users in office and home are given in this blog post to help library professionals become active, healthy, and regain proper body shape. Bookmark this blog post and visit frequently in office and home, and do as many exercises and workouts to see the positive impact and transformation in your personality yourself. The whole body exercises especially useful for professionals who are too busy at office and home, spend too much time on a computer, and don't get time to go to gym.] ... ...
- Gym Workout Schedule and Diet Plan [Gym Workout Schedule and Diet Plan for a Healthy Body. Bodybuilding has a lot of impact on personality development. The first impression of your personality is your physical looks and body. This comprehensive article will help you in your bodybuilding plan.] ... ...
- Health Fitness Aging [External articles on preventive health, fitness, and aging shared on the Google+ Collection - Personality Personal & Self Development] [In Process/Under Development] ... ...
- Happy Healthy New Year 2017 to Library Professionals [Dear Library and Information Science Professionals, wish you all a very happy, healthy, and prosperous new year 2017] ... ...
- Healthy Food Recipes [Healthy Food, Recipes, and Diet Plan to complement with your Workout] [In Process/Under Development]
LIFESTYLE / POSITIVITY
- Lifestyle Positivity Tips [In Process/Under Development]
TECHNOLOGY / GADGETS
- Technology and Gadgets [In Process/Under Development]
ENGLISH LANGUAGE / COMMUNICATION SKILLS
- English Language and Communication Skills [In Process/Under Development]
- Salman Haider - Librarian, Cataloger, Blogger